Lewiston, Minnesota located in the “heart” of Winona County, it’s also the agricultural heart of the county. The small community of 1,620 is centrally located between three major urban centers, Rochester (35 miles), and Winona (15 miles) in Minnesota, and La Crosse, Wisconsin (45 miles), which attracts new families looking for a small town atmosphere and a reasonable commute to employment opportunities. An active business sector works to keep Lewiston viable.
Winona County is part of the bluff lands area of Minnesota and has hills and valleys making up most of the topography.
Lewiston and the surrounding area offers many fun opportunities for the whole family.
We have an active community and business sector that works to keep Lewiston prosperous:
- Chamber of Commerce
- American Legion and Auxiliary
- Lions and Lioness Clubs
- 4-H Clubs
- Lewiston Sportsman’s Club
Community events include the annual Heartland Days and Fools Five Road Race, an 8K road race held each year during the first week of April. To date, the race has raised over $1 million for cancer research.
The people of Lewiston care about our neighbors. That is why we make an effort to offer the services that keep us safe, protected, and comfortable.
- Volunteer staffed ambulance service
- Lewiston Fire Department
- Lewiston Police Department
- Senior living center/Assisted living care
- SEMCAC Senior Dining and Meals on Wheels
- Winona County
First-class hospital care is only a short drive from home including:
- World-renowned Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN.
- Olmsted Medical Center in Southeastern MN
- Winona Health in Winona, MN
- Gundersen Health System in La Crosse, WI
Lewiston is also served by a Rochester City Lines bus route!
The spirit of Lewiston lies within our community members. We take pride in our strong commitment to quality education.
Schools in Lewiston include:
We also value the educational resources nearby that help our residents gain skills and develop personally.
Universities and Colleges in the Area:
We also take pride in our celebration of spirituality. We are a community that embraces many faiths and our religious institutions reflect this diversity.
Churches in Lewiston include:
- Immanuel Lutheran Silo (LCMS)
- St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran (WELS)
- St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church
- St. Paul’s UCC/ELCA Church
- Lewiston Presbyterian Church
- Lewiston Church of the Brethren
Lewiston is also home to Christian Crossings, which is a non-denominational organization with programs dedicated to helping youth and families make a difference in the world. The property and facilities the organization maintains is known as the Crossings Center. It is host to many community gatherings, markets, and concerts, and offers year-round recreation opportunities to the community including a playground, sport court, and outdoor ice rink.
Recreation & Activities
- Camping at one of many nearby state parks
- Cross Country Skiing
- Ice Skating
Information coming soon